Anyone see whats wrong with this? I can't.....

dewey_witt

<?php
$sql ="UPDATE user_pro SET real_name='$real_name', location='$loc', signature='$sig' WHERE user_name=$user_name";
?>

I keep getting the error "Check you syntax to use near " in line 1" =/ boggling. I've done this 092387502983475029347 times.... never had this issue.

ok... wrapped it with quotes as I should have to begin with yet still the same drab error message telling me that I've included a " <-- quotation mark near line 1 that is throwing the query syntax off. Still boggled.

<?php
$sql ="UPDATE user_pro SET real_name='$real_name', location='$loc', signature='$sig' WHERE user_name='$user_name'";

?>

After commenting out all the connection includes etc. accept for the post data handeling.... the result of echo =

UPDATE user_pro SET real_name='loki', location='Crazyville', signature='~Ness' WHERE user_name='Arra The Wise'

So it is parsing.... maybe its my hosting. I've never had this issue before even with a simple query like this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.