Redirect Dynamic Pages i.e. /index.php?id=45 to /page/45

simm

Yes, I keep searching everywhere here on this forum and all over the net but I can't seem to get this code to work:

RewriteRule ^/calendar/detail\.php?id=([0-9]+)$ /course/$1  [NC,L]

I need www.domain.com/calendar/detail.php?id=80 to redirect to www.domain.com/course/80.  In the future, more of those "id's" will be changed to words in the database to improve SEO (for instance: id?=this-is-the-course-title).  But all I want is something like /course/this-is-the-course-title/, not /calendar/detail.php?id=this-is-the-course-title/.

So, how can I get that dynamic page to display the static page AND redirect old pages (i.e. calendar/detail.php?id=80) to their new locations (i.e. course/this-is-the-new-course-title/)?

Greatly appreciate the help as I'm been at this for many hours.  :-\

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.