[SOLVED] Storing server variable name in a string variable.......

TGWSE_GY

Okay guys what I am wanting to do is take the server variable $_FILES[''] and store it in a string to loop through to create the appropriate variables and then call that variable to get the file array. Here is my code.

$ArrayBaseName = "$_FILES['formImage";
$ArrayBaseNameClose = "']";
$I = 1;
do {
	$ImageArray = $ArrayBaseName . $I . $ArrayBaseNameClose;
	$CurrentImageArray = array("Size" => $ImageArray['size']);
	echo $CurrentImageArray['Size'];
	echo "<br/>";
	echo $ImageArray['Size'];
	$I= $I + 1;
} while ($I<6);

All that echos is $ five times. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

:P

In case my last statements didnt make sense, this is what I am wanting to do.

I want to take for instance $_FILES['formImage1'] and store it in a string so I can loop through and create the variable names in code.

Please if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? 8)

try

<?php
do {
	$ImageArray = $_FILES['formImage'.$I];
	$CurrentImageArray = array("Size" => $ImageArray['size']);
	echo $CurrentImageArray['Size'];
	echo "<br/>";
	echo $ImageArray['size'];
	$I= $I + 1;
} while ($I<6);
?>

Thanks sasa that coincidentally worked. I will explain what I am doing.

I am converting images into base_64 and storing them in mysql that is my ultimate goal.

The user can only upload 5 images max at a time, so I am using recursion to dynamicly pull the information from the form and encode the temp file for the image on the server into base64 and then storing it in a mysql db.

I am wanting to achieve this by using a loop through the process with out having to re-enter code multiple times  ;D I hope this clears it up I have more code with the process of conversion and posting to the database process but that will change somewhat as I recode it in recursion methods, but you are more than willing to see if that will help you understand better of what I am doing.

Thanks again sasa! 8);D8)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.