Combining MySQL dbs

KarlMalone44

Hello, I'm knew to php and mysql and have been trying to learn it over the past few days. I bought webspace and installed wordpress and phpbb3 forum. This created 2 seperate databases. I then created a 3rd database for a members only type page with login. My ultimate goal is to combine the databases so you login on the main page, then have access to wordpress and are already logged into the forum as well. Just looking for a shove in the right direction, dont really know where to go from here. Thanks

Well this takes a bit of getting to know the system WordPress and phpBB3. If you know how they operate, calling a few functions is easy.

But the general outline is you need to open up 2 DB connections. Both are already available. For phpBB3, you just need to include a file to WordPress page and just call the file with the necessary params to register it there. And for WordPress, same. Just make sure you're writing them in the correct spot in the code. This is as far as most support goes in this forum. If you want, you can just enter in the username and password using old fashion mysql_connect. Works the same way.

In the page you created, you can reference both DBs as long as you have the connection. Same thing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.