Link Redirected in Navigation

jrp91384

I hope someone can help me with this. I have searched and tried everything I can think of but have had no success.

This is the situation:

I move my install of Wordpress from a subdomain to the main root site directory “mydomain.com”. I am using wordpress as a CMS for this site that also includes a blog page. Everything is working fine except my navigational link to the blog page.

When I click on the link about it goes to "w w w.mydomain.com/about" This works the same for the other pages like home, contact, and FAQ’s except for the page labeled blog.

When I hover over the link to the blog page it shows the correct path at the bottom of the browser. Once I click it the path at the bottom switches to the subdomains address “blog.mydomain.com/blog” (it’s being re-directed to the subdomain). The blog.mydomain.com/blog page is then rendered. The weird thing is the path in the address bar is mydomain.com/blog and not the path to the page that is actually being seen.

I don’t want any part of the site to use the subdomain anymore. I need to delete the subdomain and only use the root directory for the entire site.

I’m also using permalinks. If I use the default selection, the blog link seems to go to the blog file on mydomain.com/blog rather than the subdomain as intended. But I need to use pretty permalinks showing the pages name and when set to do that the blog link malfunctions.

Things I have tried:

I deleted the .htaccess file info and had WP re-generate it by re-saving the permalink info. Prior to doing this I set permissions to 666 and also tried 777 on the .htaccess file.

I have run a “find and replace search” on all directory files looking for traces of the subdomain name and found nothing.

I did a search in the database and also found no traces of the subdomain. Every thing was switched to the root directories domain name “mydomain.com”

Please, does anyone know how the link to my blog page is directing me to and loading the subdomain file and still showing the correct file path to the root directory in the browsers address bar?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Well I deleted the wp cache directory and regenerated the .htaccess file but had no luck.

I have cleared everything out of the subdomain and put an index.htm file with a paragraph saying "this file is located in the subdomain". When browsing to ht tp://oldskillbuilders.com/blog it renders this subdomain index.htm file but shows ht tp://oldskillbuilders.com/blog in the address bar.

Does this make any sense?

Sorry to sound like an idiot but how would one go about checking if the header is forwarding?

I have setup a redirect of blog.oldskillbuilders.com to oldskillbuilders.com. yet still have the index.htm file rendering that is located on the subdomain.

By the way, thank you for your help! It’s much appreciated.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.