php script to backup & send sql database

busnut

G'day

I've been doing abit of googling, and not having too much luck (possibly wrong search terms maybe), in finding hopefully a 1 file script where once executed (or loaded), it will save all the information from my database tables (either all tables or seperately), and then email to the designated email address I choose.

I can use 'myphpadmin', although its just another process of logging into my control panel and then phpadmin etc etc, where with what I prefer, when i'm updating my website through the website, I can hit a link and it can be done there & then without any major hassels.

My host also doesn't have cronjobs, so it obviously can't be an automated process like once a week type of thing... Just when I request it.

Any ideas, or does anyone have code that they currently use that fit what i'm looking for?

Cheers :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.