[SOLVED] php code to open a new file with different content (id=15,id=35)

detalab

Hi guys, I cant sleep because of this. The answer must be pretty easy. But I couldnt figure out HOW!? ::)

I have a index.php file and this link below brings up the "project.php" file into the "index.php" via php include function

<td colspan="2" valign="top" class="borderTable" onMouseover="this.bgColor='#FFFFFF'"

onMouseout="this.bgColor=''"> <a href='index.php?type=project'> <b>   Project</b> </td>

project.php file brings 4 options (4 different projects)

<td width="420" align="left" valign="middle" bgcolor="#00CCFF"> <a href='project-detail.php?id=15'>   <span class="style7">PROJECT 1</span> </td>

When I click any of these 4 , I want them to "open"(not include) a new file: project-detail.php, but I want it to have different project content corresponding to the project option.

So it will be "/project-detail.php?id=15 for PROJECT 1 and "/project-detail.php?id=35" for PROJECT 2

How can I code to open "project-detail.php" file from "project.php" file and make it have different projects content.

Here is an exact sample of php code system:

FROM http://www.stevenholl.com/project.php?type=educational&page=0 

TO  http://www.stevenholl.com/project-detail.php?type=educational&id=39&page=0

Thank you in advance for your time and wisdom,

Best,

Matt

If i follow correctly, you just need to retrieve the variable from the URL using the $_GET superglobal. See here for example.

Once you've got that number, you obviously need to load the correct content be it from the a database or by including different files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.