[SOLVED] Page not correctly displayed in IE-7

rEhSi_123

Hello Guys,

I have made a mini forum website and everything has being going well.

But, I am now faced with one issue. In my login and register page all the text boxes are towards the right and the header on the top has also gone to the right......  ???

Whereas, everything seems fine in Mozilla Firefox, meaning the header is in the center along with the text boxes as I had it planned in my CSS file.......

I have had this problem in the past where the contents of the pages dont sit correct in IE7.

So was wondering if anybody here have had this problem in the past and if they could share the solution.

Also I have used these in my CSS but no luck whatsoever.

margin-left: auto
margin-right: auto

Please Help!

text-align: center;

Cheers mate for your quick response......

But I had tried that earlier but didn't work either.... :(.....

It is funny that the screen contents are not aligned properly in IE7 but whereas everything is perfect in Firefox....

this is the CSS for my login

.user_login {
      color:#000;
  font-weight:bold;
  font-family:Century Gothic;
  font-size:10pt;
  text-align:center;
}

I can't do anything with that CSS. Can you post some HTML as well?

echo "<table border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"3\" cellpadding=\"3\">\n";
    echo "<form method=\"post\" action=\"register.php\">\n";
echo "<p style=\"border:1px solid #C0C0C0;text-align:left;color:#660002;\"><a href=\"index.php\">MAIN |</a>Register - Please enter all the fields specified below!</p>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">Username</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"username\" style=\"background-color:#00FFFF;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">Password</td><td><input type=\"password\" name=\"password\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">Confirm Password</td><td><input type=\"password\" name=\"passconf\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">E-Mail</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"email\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">Name</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\" colspan=\"2\" align=\"right\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Register\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "</form></table>\n";

my actual code looks like this before I removed the &nbsp before no matter what peoperties I set in my CSS i wans't able to center out my contents even FF3.0 so Had to use this make shift...... :-[

I basically want the contents inside the table to be centered! Yes please!

Thanks

echo "<table border=\"0\" cellspacing=\"3\" cellpadding=\"3\">\n";
    echo "<form method=\"post\" action=\"register.php\">\n";
echo "<p style=\"border:1px solid #C0C0C0;text-align:left;color:#660002;\"><a href=\"index.php\">MAIN |</a>       

Register - Please enter all the fields specified below!</p>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\">               

Username</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"username\" style=\"background-color:#00FFFF;\"></td></tr>\n";

Password</td><td><input type=\"password\" name=\"password\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";

Confirm Password</td><td><input type=\"password\" name=\"passconf\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";

E-Mail</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"email\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";

Name</td><td><input type=\"text\" name=\"name\" style=\"background-color:#C0D9D9;\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "<tr><td class=\"user_login\" colspan=\"2\" align=\"right\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"Register\"></td></tr>\n";
    echo "</form></table>\n";

A table does have the attribute align center. Have you tried that?

You mean

<td align=\"center\">

I have used the above but still luck.....

The issue is if I dont use &nbsp then the text and textboxes are always on the left in FF3 and right in I.E7.0 ???

Even if set the properties in CSS or table

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.