[SOLVED] Get last row?

zeeshan_haider000

Hi,

How do you get the last row from a group with a GROUP By clause?

This is the query: "Select Id, Name, EName, ENumber, Download1, Link, DateAdded FROM table GROUP BY Name"

I have some data like:

Name: AAA

ENumber: 102

Name: AAA

ENumber: 109

Name: BBB

Enumber: 103

Name: BBB

Enumber: 234

I want the result grouped by Ename AND max Enumber (like AAA, 109 instead of AAA, 102)..

I can't figure out how to do this...

Help would be much appreciated..

Zee

Just order it by ename and limit it to 1:

Select Id, Name, EName, ENumber, Download1, Link, DateAdded FROM table ORDER BY EName DESC LIMIT 1

That doesn't work because there are different Enames with multiple Enumbers, and i want the last Enumbers for all the individual Enames, so you can't omit GROUP BY clause.

SELECT `Id`, `Name`, `EName`, `ENumber`, `Download1`, `Link`, `DateAdded`
FROM `table`
GROUP BY `Name`
ORDER BY `ENumber` DESC
LIMIT 1

?

I already tried that, when you use LIMIT 1, you are limiting the results to only one row. What i want is to get rows with DISTINCT Enames + in those Enames i want to get the last Enumber... and i don't know if it's possible using a query?

Well i just figured how to do what i wanted to do.

if your ID field are auto incrementing or any other field that is INT, you can use this:

SELECT data.* FROM data INNER JOIN (SELECT MAX(id) AS id FROM data group by url) ids ON data.id = ids.id

to get a unique Field1 with last inserted data Field2..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.