Problem in Sequence

ballouta

Hello

I have this php code, if I choose in the previous form a gallery from the drop down menu only, the first insertion here works properly,

if I make a selection for gallery and video in the same time in the previous form, the insertion of the gallery only works,

if I make a selection for video only in the previous form, the video (second insertion) works correctly.

The problem is the insertion for the gallery and video in the same time don't work, Thank you

<?php
$eventid = $_POST['event'];
$gallery = $_POST['gallery'];
$vids = $_POST['vids'];
$speech = $_POST['speech'];
$down = $_POST['down'];

if ($gallery != "")
	{
$query="INSERT INTO `links` (`id` ,`event`, `links`, `type`) VALUES ( NULL , '$eventid', '$gallery', 'gallery')";
$query_result = mysql_query ($query) or die("Problem with the query: <br>" . mysql_error());
echo "The gallery <b>$gallery</b> has been linked to the event.<br>";	
	}

elseif ($vids != "")
	{
$query="INSERT INTO `links` (`id` ,`event`, `links`, `type`) VALUES ( NULL , '$eventid', '$vids', 'video')";
$query_result = mysql_query ($query) or die("Problem with the query: <br>" . mysql_error());
echo "The video <b>$vids</b> has been linked to the event.<br>";
	}

elseif ($speech != "")
	{
$query="INSERT INTO `links` (`id` ,`event`, `links`, `type`) VALUES ( NULL , '$eventid', '$speech', 'speech')";
echo "The speech <b>$speech</b> has been linked to the event.<br>";
	}

elseif ($down != "")
	{
$query="INSERT INTO `links` (`id` ,`event`, `links`, `type`) VALUES ( NULL , '$eventid', '$down', 'download')";
echo "The download <b>$down</b> has been linked to the event.<br>";
	}

?>

let me add smthg please

I have other two drop down menus in the previous form, so i can not predict what selection the user might choose.

in my posted question, i was choosing a gallery name and a video name in the same time, but later i might choose a gallery with a (speech) as posted in my php code.

So, i have four drop down menus, the first option of each is like:

<option value=""> selecy <media> </option>

and in my php i want to see what media did the user choose,

thanks and sorry for not mentioning this in the begining, i thought the first two drops will help me fix my code

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.