dotgo script processing

hchsk

im sorry in advance, i wasnt sure where to post this.

i don't know if anyone has ever used the free DOTGO texting service, but by using an index.cmrl file on ANY website, texts sent to DOTCOM with the first word being your domain name, will automatically be responded to in a way you define within index.cmrl

i have successfully integrated this into my website, with one exception, i cannot for my life figure out how to pass parameters from the text to an engine script. i have even copy and pasted their example exactly (with the obvious domain name/url modifications), and attempted to use both perl and php scrips, to no avail. can anyone help me figure out the problem? i get a 500 internal service error (or 404 not found, which cannot possibly be true, depending on what i'm trying), but the problem is caused by my use of the variable $param['password'] which is supposed to grab the parameter named "password", i have btw, tried using double quotes, and no quotes, as well as as i stated before, the exact script posted in http://dotgo.com/support/documentation/doc0005.1.0/html-1/

any help, suggestions, is as always appreciated, as is your time

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

You're looking for the <engine> tag.  See the document "How to implement DOTGO Engines" on the DOTGO website dotgo.com/support/documentation.  Engines are scripts referenced from your CMRL that can return dynamic content.  For example, you could write the following in your CMRL:

<match pattern="news">
  <engine href="http://yourdomain.com/dotgo.php" />
</match>

and then define http://yourdomain.com/dotgo.php as:

<?php

$arg = $_REQUEST['sys_argument'];
  print "<message><content>No news today for '$arg'.</content></message>";

?>

See the DOTGO doc referenced above for more details.

i don't know if anyone has ever used the free DOTGO texting service, but by using an index.cmrl file on ANY website, texts sent to DOTCOM with the first word being your domain name, will automatically be responded to in a way you define within index.cmrl

i have successfully integrated this into my website, with one exception, i cannot for my life figure out how to pass parameters from the text to an engine script. i have even copy and pasted their example exactly (with the obvious domain name/url modifications), and attempted to use both perl and php scrips, to no avail. can anyone help me figure out the problem? i get a 500 internal service error (or 404 not found, which cannot possibly be true, depending on what i'm trying), but the problem is caused by my use of the variable $param['password'] which is supposed to grab the parameter named "password", i have btw, tried using double quotes, and no quotes, as well as as i stated before, the exact script posted in http://dotgo.com/support/documentation/doc0005.1.0/html-1/

Sorry, responded too quickly before completely reading your post--can you post the CMRL and PHP engine which aren't working?

• 5 months later...

for anyone wanting to use DOTGO service but not wanting to write the cmrl file i suggest dktext.com its free and uses a database to store all your dotgo categories and responces.  I checked the website and they said this week they would open up for free service.  They even wrote a way where you can update your response for a specific category from a text message by setting a pin code within there system.  GREAT service!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.