[SOLVED] Date problem

FarhanKhalaf

I have a table nordstromlisting with column datecreated filled with a unix timestamp of when the listing was created. I essentially want to delete all listings older than 5 days (432000 seconds), so I created the following sql. However, it's not working.

Anybody see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

$timenow = date("Y-m-d");
		$time = strtotime($timenow);

$movetohistory = mysql_query("SELECT * INTO nordstromhistory FROM nordstromlisting WHERE '$time' - datecreated > 432000");
		$deltefromlisting = mysql_query("DELETE * FROM nordstromlisting WHERE '$time' - datecreated > 432000");	

There's no such thing as SELECT * INTO .... At least I don't think so.

Change this:

$movetohistory = mysql_query("SELECT * INTO nordstromhistory FROM nordstromlisting WHERE '$time' - datecreated > 432000");

To:

$movetohistory = mysql_query("SELECT * INTO nordstromhistory FROM nordstromlisting WHERE '$time' - datecreated > 432000") or die(mysql_error());

That should display some error if there is one.

Just read what you've written in your first post. You want to DELETE rows, so you should use DELETE query.

SELECT .. INTO is used for moving data from one table to another.

A strange bit is that ''undefined variable: nordstromhistory'' is a PHP notice, not a MySQL error... Is that all you get?

[edit]

Seems I was wrong about what SELECT INTO is about :P

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select-into-statement.html

What you need is  INSERT ... SELECT

INSERT INTO nordstromhistory SELECT ... FROM nordstromlisting WHERE '$time' - datecreated > 432000

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/insert-select.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.