Serious PHP Help Needed

ma77o

Ok, i have been to at least 5 php help websites, and no one has been able to help me, im not very experienced with php, and im trying to make something that will include halo 3 stats, i easily coded it in VB6, but i cant code it in php for my life, if anyone could give me some serious help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Heres the VB6 Code:

user = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=" & txtGT.Text)
user = Split(Split(user, "<span id=""ctl00_mainContent_identityStrip_lblRank"">")(1), "</span>")(0)
user = Split(Split(user, "Global Rank: ")(1), ",")(0)
rank.Caption = user

Learn PHP basics is all I can say. That code snippet doesn't tell anyone here anything unless they know VB or VB6. I for one have no idea what Inet1.OpenURL does or what txtGT.Text is or what Split function does or what rank.Caption is. Too confusing.

My best advice is to read up on PHP basics and try to convert part of that to PHP and then ask for help. People will at least understand some parts of it then.

Ok, well, its not basic php i can tell you that.

I will explain this VB6 Code.

user = Inet1.OpenURL("http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/Default.aspx?player=" & gamertag)

- This opens the URL, allowing it to be used anywhere around the code.

- Gamertag is the Gamer tag of a user on Xbox Live, this will then bring a page up on there statistics for Halo 3.

user = Split(Split(user, "<span id=""ctl00_mainContent_identityStrip_lblRank"">")(1), "</span>")(0)

- This will return whats in between <span id=""ctl00_mainContent_identityStrip_lblRank""> and </span>.

user = Split(Split(user, "Global Rank: ")(1), ",")(0)

- This is the same thing, its just splitting what was returned from the split above.

rank.Caption = user

- This changes the label to the users rank.

If anything else is unclear, just tell me.

** And sorry, im not looking to spend money, if i was i would just pay for the whole project to be done, this is a little part of it.

sorry about the double post but heres some contact information:

Email/MSN: RussellonMSN@hotmail.com

AIM: RussellCrevatas

Add if Interested, or msg me here on these forums.. either way.. I'm @ your service whenever you need me..

I help for free, but seeing as you have no actual PHP code, I'm judging that you are looking for someone to code it for you, that is the reason I am OFFERING you my services..

I hope this doesn't break any board rules :)

I cannot afford to be buying things, i just need some major help lmao.

I know, I know. Unfortunately, this topic is treated as help, but a request. Most of us can't afford to pay, but like I said, you can learn the PHP basics, attempt the code in PHP and if you're stuck, come back and ask for help by posting your code.

As of now, you're pretty much asking someone to write it for you. Someone may do that or this topic will find its way floated towards the history pile because there are so many topics created here daily.

I'm just telling you how it works around here. You can sit back and wait.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.