Database Design: Personal Training Sessions

hwcasey12

PHP/MYSQL

I am really struggling with how to setup a table (or two) in my database for an application at work. 

Example: My company sells training packages.  A client will get a package of 30 sessions.  Each week the trainer logs in and records their training for the week, deducting off each client's balance of sessions. 

The part of tracking total sessions purchased seems logical, but I can't figure out how to track sessions used, so that I can have a historical picture of the date it was used, but also total so I can deduct from their total purchased.  Here is my thought, but I think it is weak  :-\.

TABLE: clientusedsessions

ID - unique identifier

DATE - date of session used (don't need time)

INT - session used (so it is easy to total)

Seems like a ton of tables if we have over 200 clients (and growing), which is fine, but I am guessing I am overlooking a simpler method.

Thanks!  ???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.