an issue with the drop down

swathin2

hello everybody,

i am trying to learn php on my own and i have an issue with the drop down box in php. i would like to use 3 drop down boxes one for the state, second for the district and the third for the pincode.

when the page loads for the first time then only one drop down should be present and when the user selects any state then one more should appear automatically with the list of districts in that state and when the user selects the district then one more drop down should appear with the different pincodes available for that district.

like this it should be done automatically and should be visible only one after the other and the values should remain same in the drop down boxes.

if you do not understand this then you can imagine the selection of the category and sub category in any forum or journals.

so can any one guide me the process how can that be done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.