New to mysql need help

quickfire84

Im trying to make php forms that instert customers orders into a database each form with its own table but when they submit the first form, they are assigned a customer id number, when they come back to fill out other form they enter their id number and when submit it it enter it into the table and so i can pull each customer id up a review what they need and set there order status NEW, IN PROGRESS, or COMPLETED, i amy ok with php right now my first form sends me the submitted results and a auto respons to the customer.  Can anyone Help me a little on how to do this??

ok just one question  if i make the id in the table can i make it customerid or customer_id  then make it the primary_key  or does it have to be just id?

You don't need an id field. Mind you, it wouldn't make sense not to have one as it's a very effective method on organizing and manipulating the information stored in the database.

But to directly answer your question, yes, you may name the field whatever you like. So both customerid and customer_id would work. I would just simply go with id though. Quicker to type, easier to remember and helps to shorten the length of your code wherever you may use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.