Blog Scripting...

monkeytooth

Ok I highly doubt this is the right spot to ask this on the form but then again it might be right...

I want to set up a blog farm, but not the kind that people refer in the sense of trying to gain exposure to one site through many back links... I am talking about a hosting environment for a blogger to come along to and set up there own blog on. Through a series of quick steps and a sign up process. I try to google the idea looking for any help to either build something or get a prewitten script to do it, and I can't find anything about it. So here I am asking. Anyone know where I can look to either find a way to build my own blogware installer or know of a preexisting set up for like what I am looking for?

you could probably do this with some sort of free blog software, and locate their config files in order to alter the db names, then when sum1 adds a blog, you unpack another blog into another directory.. start a new db with php and then change the config file for that installation, but you'd need a webhost with UNLIMITED mysql databases, UNLIMITED files, and probably atleast 50gb of storage space.. and probably a dedicated server would be your best, and only allow like 50 blogs per server as to minimize lag or 100 blogs or 200 blogs per server.. w.e

Currently have a hosting account that matches the ability.. grant it im only keeping it exclusive enough to a certain set of people and people they know, i just want to mostly avoid the hassle of having to manually install each one, manually set up each one.. and drag that process out each time when I could just rather goto a specific spot pop in a var or 2 in a form click ok and boom forms up.. good call on checking the config out, may just be able to make something like that. Little lazy at this particular moment and Im stuck doing a revamp of another site so this will have to wait a bit longer (unless some knows of a preexisting script/tutorial :-))

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.