Scripting

yousefmohseni

Hi,

Im a new member here, and an amateur PHP programmer.

Im currently working on a project which I need some help from you on to let me know the best way of going about things.

Ive currently got my website working on my personal server. I have a service running on a different server which has a Paradox database, client machines connect to that server and edit the database.

I would like to essentially create a WEB Client in PHP to do the same functionality but in any web browser.

The best way that I can come up with so far, is to run a web server on the server with the Paradox Database which is limited to allow connection from only certain IPs for security, and host there a number of PHP scripts, which can be executed from remote machines using other php scripts.

Though I am quite new to PHP scripting, I have setup the server and have created the scripts to access and manipulate the Paradox database using an ODBC, and then also to calculate the return result. Where I am getting stuck is:

How do I get all this to run remotely?

I need to be able to send Variables to the server machine scripts, let it execute the script on those parameters and return to me a result.

Can someone explain to me, or give me some example code on how to have Script A send some variables to Script B which then calculates a result and returns the result to Script A.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.