[SOLVED] test.php makes firefox want to save as file

Ok I am sorry if this is a redundant topic here but I can not find my answer anywhere. I am trying to learn PHP and MySQL on my local machine and it's taking me forever just to get over this hiccup.

After I installed MySQL, Apache2.2, and PHP5. I made the phpinfo test file only to find that when I typed in localhost/test.php firefox wanted to save it as a file. I searched for over an hour about this before I decided to open up IE... and IE actually opens it, go figure. What is the problem here? Why is firefox giving me a problem recognizing this and IE doing just fine? Is it because I am running locally? Please help.

Honestly I haven't the slightest clue on how it works now but wallah, two days later and it opens the page with firefox, no changes made to the installs or ini files. Could it have been my cookies getting cleared? I did notice that when I came to this site today that I was logged out when I was supposed to be logged in forever.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.