function question

ngreenwood6

Not sure if this works, but you can try. In functions_posting.php, find user_notification in the submit_post (I think) function. There is only *ONE*. The $data array passed to that function has an associative message key. Pass $data['message'] along with user_notification. I know this presents a problem for now.

The in that same file, find where user_notification is defined. The function where you added those template vars. Where it says:

function user_notification(...)

At the end of that line, before the final ), you want to add a comma and put $message = '' as an optional param. Now you can refer to $message in your template vars.

Edit - just realized that the function call in submit_post function may not be the one that sends off the email notification you're talking about. Find the one that does and apply that fix. Sorry about that. I had to hurry because I have to run for now.

Ok, I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry I am not THAT good with php. I used this http://www.absoluteanime.com/forum/mods/Prime%20Notify/install.xml mod in order to send out emails. When I uploaded it the pm's started working. It sends the pm message to your email. However, it does not send the post to the email. I modded the prime_notify.php file in order to make this somewhat work because there had to be some flaw in his logic at some point because it wasnt getting the author or the message. I now have it getting the author but it still wont get the message. I just took out the parts in that file that said if it was enabled and so on because I knew it was enabled. I checked the functions_posting.php file 1000 times and I am definitely sure that I have done all the modifications that he has said to do but it still isnt sending the message. I have been working on this all day and about to give up because I am just frustrated and not thinking at all so any help anyone wants to give is more than welcome.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.