php variable value issue

shah

Hi all,

i have a problem with php variable names. i am having a check box (actually a lot of check boxes, dynamically being generated from database strings), whos name is like [NT]cartoon. for example i am having the following code in php

echo "<td><input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"$name\" value=\"$_post[$name]\"> $name</td>";

where the name is [NT]cartoon.

now my issue is that when this variable is used inside $_POST, it does not work because it will be like

$_POST["[NT]cartoon"]

because of these brackets in the variable value. Kindly tell me how can i make it work

Thanks

Yes your problem is to do with the square brackets. What is '[NT]cartoon' ? Is that someone username from your site?

I wouldn't recommend naming your checkboxes with peoples usernames. You should name your checkboxes as users[] then just pass their username as its value. When you process your checkboxes do

foreach($_POST['users'] as $user)
{
     echo $user .' was selected<br />';

// do what ever here
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.