upload_tmp_dir complications

superben

Good day! Really nice site here!

I'm facing a trouble with the website I am administering.. Here's my situation..

I am on a free host and my site there can be reached with the url username.myfreehost.com

so when I do phpinfo using that url here are the results:

open_basedir /www/myfreehost/x/x/x/myusername/htdocs

safe_mode Off

upload_tmp_dir /www/myfreehost/x/x/x/myusername/htdocs

Now a friend gave me a domain - www.mynewdomain.net and I used it with my site and has no problems pointing it. It's perfectly working. But the problem is, when I use this domain and view phpinfo results, they have diffrent settings:

open_basedir /www/net/x/x/x/mynewdomain

safe_mode On

upload_tmp_dir /www/tmp/

The effect: I can't upload anything when using the www.mynewdomain.net as url.. When using the diagnostics of my vBulletin, it always displays: No file uploaded and no local file found. The test cannot continue. But when I use the subdomain username.myfreehost.com it works perfectly..

(I obfuscated the values for my site's privacy)

What should I do? I'm completely clueless here :( It's my first time handling a site..) Please help me guys.. Thank you very much!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.