Slow performance with docroot on a mapped drive

snorcha

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a new hard drive with a lan connection so I could share it between a couple of pc's independent of which ones where turned on. I've been mucking around with making it my document root under my Linux Apache server and Windows Apache server.

I'm having a problem where PHP files are taking a very long time to parse, straight html serves as quick as a local drive, but php files are taking ages. I was wondering if there was a setting for Apache when using a SAN (which is essentially what the hdd is).

I've tried a few things but nothing seems to speed up the process. When i say a long time i'm talking up to 20x as long as if it's on a local drive.

Has anyone else tried using a LAN drive under Apache/php and if so what where their experiences?

Cheers,

Snorcha

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.