Automaticaly randomize data within a table?

RichterBelmont

I'm looking for a way to edit an SQL tables data automatically.  Sort of a loop that randomly edits a specific field within a given range.

I need every number within that field to randomize itself every hour, but within a given range/average. Each line within the table will also need its own specific range/average.

So lets say the the table is this:

Name        Id Number

Alex          1000

Tim          4000

Nick          8000

I'd want it to automatically update and change itself to something like this:

Alex      (Random number between 0-2000)

Tim      (Random number between 3000-5000)

Nick      (Random number between 7000-9000)

I'm assuming i need to use PHP for this and have it constantly looping this script every so often, and/or possibly running a server to update and edit these fields regularly. Any advice of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Even a name to what this process would be called so i at least have something to search for. Thanks again.

Sorry to double post but i think i answered my own question. All i have to do is generate a smaller number and then multiply it by 100. The table data is hosted on my server is there a way to automatically run the script every hour within mysql? Like could i set the script to run and randomize the table every day at 12:30 pm? Again sorry for the double post and being a total noob. Thanks for the help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.