Need help plz

quickfire84

Ok this might be a stupid question, but i was told tables are out dated way to make web layouts and DIVs are what you should be using today, so i was wondering, if i have like a php news system or any other php for that matter, can i put that php include code in my main content DIV if its floating or not?

Like i have divs for my header and nav, then have main content with two floating divs one for my main content on left and a skin right floating div  so could i put the php code in it, and will it still load normal?

one more question no php related  is there a way to fix the hieght of a DIV and if the content inside is longer then it it will be able to scroll??

Thank you.

Its stupid to say tables are outdated, I personally prefer them than using just pure CSS. And yes you can DEFINATELY have PHP code in your div tags.

You're one of a kind then, because everyone I know who has taken the time to learn how to correctly and effectively use purely CSS when developing a web layout has fallen in love and would never go back to using tables!

Its stupid to say tables are outdated, I personally prefer them than using just pure CSS. And yes you can DEFINATELY have PHP code in your div tags.

You're one of a kind then, because everyone I know who has taken the time to learn how to correctly and effectively use purely CSS when developing a web layout has fallen in love and would never go back to using tables!

I am sort of old school, even though I am 17, but ive been coding since I was 12 (my dad being a programmer also). I have never migrated or feel the need to migrate to just divs. I can use both, but tables ARE NOT out dated, or whatever that means.

I know divs are more flexible, without going back and forth changing the html, you can just do it from the CSS.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.