set cookie always pop up

jwk811

on my site there is a music thing on the bottom. i have it set so it always automatically plays only on the front page but if you go to another page it would have to start over so it wont auto play on any other page. what i want to do is set it so the file will play in a pop up. i know how to do that but is there any way to make it so it wont show that page that pops up? can i auto minimize somehow i dont want it to get annoying. and im wondering if there is any other way to do this with php. i plan on setting a cookie if they want it to auto pop up.

so i have to do that for every page? i still dont understand. this is an example i found

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Great Recipes</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET ROWS="15%,*">
     <FRAME SRC="recipetitlebar.html" NAME=TITLE SCROLLING=NO>

<FRAMESET COLS="20%,*">
          <FRAME SRC="recipesidebar.html" NAME=SIDEBAR>
          <FRAME SRC="recipes.html" NAME=RECIPES>
     </FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

</HTML>

hmm i dunno

think of a frame as a mini window....it opens webpages inside of web pages i suppose.....if you want to look at it that way....

[php

<FRAMESET ROWS="15%,*">

<FRAME SRC="recipetitlebar.html" NAME=TITLE SCROLLING=NO> /*this is saying, in this html doc open up the webpage recipetitlebar.html*/

<FRAMESET COLS="20%,*">

<FRAME SRC="recipesidebar.html" NAME=SIDEBAR>

<FRAME SRC="recipes.html" NAME=RECIPES>

</FRAMESET>

</FRAMESET>

[/code]

so you have the top one at 15% of the oage at top...the remaining 85% is used for the other 2 column frames one of which is 20% wide....

Hope that helps...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.