TinyMCE erroring w3 validation

GunniH

Hey there,

So the thing is I've been selling websites to people, they can go via an admin panel and change the sites using TinyMCE.

When I go to check the sites validation, it's really fucked up, over 100 errors + the code looks fugly when you "view the source" in your browser.

So my question is do other WYSIWYG editors f*ck things up like this or is it just TinyMCE. Would love some comments from people with FckEditor experience etc. etc. =)

~Gunni

There maybe a few WYSIWYG editor that produce valid code, but i doubt.

If you really care about validation, writing code by hand is the way to go.

I write all my codes by hand, I don't think you understood what I meant.

I said the people who own the site change the content of the site themselves (CMS).

Let's take an example, there is a page called About us and it says something about being the biggest on the market. A new company comes in and outnumber them so they have to change the site, they can't say they are the biggest any more so instead of calling me and hard-coding the content they login via the admin panel and change the content using TinyMCE =)

They can put in images, text, change font size (from normal to higher/lower or to h1,h2,h3) and all sorts of shit. But the way TinyMCE puts it out is fucked.

~Gunni

Theres not much you can do about TinyMCE producing invalid HTML on its side.... my suggesting is running Html_Tidy on all content your clients input to ensure its validated, and FckEditor is the same.

There is only a handful on WYSIWYG editors that produce valid HTML one I know of is called WymEditor its in Beta and it seems the development has since become frozen

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.