$lastname = protect($_POST['LastName']);	
$email = protect(validateEmail($_POST['Email']));
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$gender = protect($_POST['gender']);
$dobday = protect($_POST['dobday']);
$dobmonth = protect($_POST['dobmonth']);
$dobyear = protect($_POST['dobyear']);

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {

if (isset($username) && isset($password) && isset($firstname) && isset($lastname) && isset($email) && isset($gender) && isset($dobday) && isset($dobmonth) && isset($dobyear)) {

$flag = "INSERT INTO `users` (`id`, `username`, `password`, `firstname`, `lastname`, `email`, `role`, `time`, `signup`, `gender`, `ip`, `dobmonth`, `dobday`, `dobyear`)                      
VALUES('$id', '$username', md5('$password'), '$firstname', '$lastname', '$email', '$role', '$time', '$signup', '$gender', '$ip', '$dobmonth', '$dobday', '$dobyear')" or die (mysql_error());	

$run = mysql_query($flag);

header('Location: Login.php?i=1');

} else {

print "<p align='center'>Please Fill All Required Fields.</p>";

}
}

?>

the insert is not working is just doing the refferal, does anyone know why ?,

Thanks.

James.

$flag = "INSERT INTO `users` (`id`, `username`, `password`, `firstname`, `lastname`, `email`, `role`, `time`, `signup`, `gender`, `ip`, `dobmonth`, `dobday`, `dobyear`)                     

VALUES('$id', '$username', md5('$password'), '$firstname', '$lastname', '$email', '$role', '$time', '$signup', '$gender', '$ip', '$dobmonth', '$dobday', '$dobyear')" or die (mysql_error());  ??? your setting a string not querying yet

Hi

I take it you mean the header('Location: Login.php?i=1'); doesn't work? Do you get an error?

All the best

Keith

PS - why the random ID?

hiya,

no it doesnt do the insert all it does is reffer me.

James.

VALUES('$id', '$username', md5('$password'), '$firstname', '$lastname', '$email', '$role', '$time', '$signup', '$gender', '$ip', '$dobmonth', '$dobday', '$dobyear')" or die (mysql_error());  ??? your setting a string not querying yet

am i :S, it used to work and then i changed it a bit and it dont and thats just a error trigger its working on all of my other script perfectly dont understand why this isnt working :S

am i :S, it used to work and then i changed it a bit and it dont and thats just a error trigger its working on all of my other script perfectly dont understand why this isnt working :S

If there is an error in your SQL then that or die is not going to notice it.

All the best

Keith

PS - Random ID will cause problems if Id is the primary key and by chance you land up with a duplicate. Might be a million to one chance, but million to one chances seem to occur 9 times out of 10.

If there is an error in your SQL then that or die is not going to notice it.

All the best

Keith

PS - Random ID will cause problems if Id is the primary key and by chance you land up with a duplicate. Might be a million to one chance, but million to one chances seem to occur 9 times out of 10.

oh :S what trigger can i use that will work ?,

and agreed i will be making a ID checker soon where it will check if the random generated id exists already and if it does it will re-generate :)

Hi

<?php session_start();

include 'Utilitys/Connection.php';
include 'Utilitys/Functions.php';

RedLogin();

$role = "1";	
$id = mt_rand(0, 9999999999); 
$time = date("F j, Y, g:i a");
$signup = date("F j, Y, g:i a");	
$username = protect($_POST['username']);	
$password = protect($_POST['password']);
$firstname = protect($_POST['FirstName']);	
$lastname = protect($_POST['LastName']);	
$email = protect(validateEmail($_POST['Email']));
$ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$gender = protect($_POST['gender']);
$dobday = protect($_POST['dobday']);
$dobmonth = protect($_POST['dobmonth']);
$dobyear = protect($_POST['dobyear']);

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {

if (isset($username) && isset($password) && isset($firstname) && isset($lastname) && isset($email) && isset($gender) && isset($dobday) && isset($dobmonth) && isset($dobyear)) {

VALUES('$id', '$username', md5('$password'), '$firstname', '$lastname', '$email', '$role', '$time', '$signup', '$gender', '$ip', '$dobmonth', '$dobday', '$dobyear')";	

$run = mysql_query($flag) or die(mysql_error());

header('Location: Login.php?i=1');

} else {

print "<p align='center'>Please Fill All Required Fields.</p>";

}
}

?>

Strictly speaking if you want to check the ID then you should do it locking the table, or just catch a duplicate key error and retry.

All the best

Keith

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.