Parsing HTML

ian2k01

I'm not too familiar with parsing function, or preg_match, need help with parsing simple HTML.

Here is the code:

<input type="hidden" name="SessionID" value="12433690503231243369050323U[[bR??=96<692">

I would like to parse out the value, and set it as a variable. Thank you so much!

Are you submitting this to a form?

If so use

$_POST['SesssionID'];

If you want the Regex for this here it is

$str = '<input type="hidden" name="SessionID" value="12433690503231243369050323U[[bR??=96<692">';

preg_match_all('/value="(.*)"/i', $str, $match);

echo '<pre>';

var_dump($match);

echo '</pre>';

echo $matches[1][0];

Actually I think I need the Regex. But there are more than just one <input type="hidden" ...> on the page. if I only want the SessionID, do i use:

$str = '<input type="hidden" name="SessionID" value="12433690503231243369050323U[[bR??=96<692">';

preg_match_all('/name="SessionID" value="(.*)"/i', $str, $match);

echo '<pre>';

var_dump($match);

echo '</pre>';

echo $matches[1][0];

Sorry not sure what jacking means.

The original code I wanted to preg was

<input type="hidden" name="SwtAcctID" value="_____"><input type="hidden" name="SessionID" value="12434392951101243439295110U[[bR??=96<692"><input type="hidden" name="IsSuperUser" value="FALSE"><input type="hidden" name="IsGroupUser" value="FALSE"><input type="hidden" name="IsAdminUser" value="FALSE"><input type="hidden" name="PageAppList" value="<APPLIST><APP id="qfind" caption="Quick Find" url="qfPaymentInquiry" pageType="static"></APP></APPLIST>

But then it grabbed everything until the end. So a friend of mine modified the preg with a "?":

preg_match_all('/name="SessionID" value="(.*?)"/i', $str, $match);

The code works now, thank you guys! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.