[SOLVED] Open new popup windows for private messages.

lynxus

Hi ,

Im writing and application where people will want to have a few small popups open ( each one has a new chat session in it )

Currently im just using the window.open function. However, if i click on another link that uses that function it doesnt open a new window.

It uses the one thats already open..

<script type="text/javascript">
function openSupport(id)
{
window.open("http://Blaaablaablaa.com/blaa.php?id="+id ,"IMsupporting","menubar=0,resizable=0,width=450,height=250");
}
</script>

<p><a href="javascript:openSupport('1234567890');">CLICK HERE</a></p>
<p><a href="javascript:openSupport('123456789');">CLICK HERE</a></p>

How would i get it so if both links were clicked, there would now be 2 popup windows.

Thanks for looking.

-G

Bump ?

Surely there must be a way to open up more than one popup window?

if someone clicked, Panel1 and Panel2 buttons, It would be aces to have 2 popup panels. instead of one popup window that changes to whatever else is clicked.

Id just like to pint out this isnt used as spam, Its so the operator on my controlpanel page can open more than one "chat" session.

Currently i cant see how to do this as firefox seems to open any new windows in the orginal window, Thus loosing what was in it and now being replaced with the new content..

Very annoying!

-G

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.