I Explorer issue

renegade44

on this site www.revolution-football.com

on firefox, safari, netscape, looks perfect. On I explorer the "headlines" div is on the right over top the scores area. any idea how I can fix this?

also, maybe what the exact reason is for this. I know I must be doing something wrong in the code, im not sure exactly what though.

What version of IE are you talking about? Am checking on IE6 and the only thing I've noticed is the padding in the left ul is off by the 2px you put.

Also, I'd recommend looking a CSS short-hand. It'll take off some file size, and looks cleaner as well. (ie: rather than your

#overall-container #menu ul {
margin: 0px;
padding-top: 2px;
padding-right: 0px;
padding-bottom: 0px;
padding-left: 0px;
}

it would be

#overall-container #menu ul {
margin: 0px;
padding: 2px 0 0 0;
}

Hybrid,

thanks for the feedback. I will make the adjustment. I messed around with it a bit and found that my headline column was floated wrong. I got a bit confused because I normally make a content container and use 3 columns, here I had a shorter header and the right column spanned the height of the page so I didnt do a standard 3 column layout therefore I was "winging" it when I floated the divs.

I do need to tighten up the way I do CSS, I will make those adjustments to see if I can get the menu looking right across the board. right now In safari it looks right, firefox its a little off, and on IE its a little worse. --its just the menu thats off now.

One more thing. I am missing something else. I am just about done with the page and I want to get rid of the height of my container so when new content is added the page automatically gets larger or smaller. The issue is my background image will not show up unless I have a height applied. Looking around, some solutions I have seen recommended are to clear the container div set to both which didn't work, and I have also seen to set the height to 100% which didn't work.

anyone have any experience with this issue?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.