Sports League Drafting

sw41

I need to make a sports league draft system to do our draft with.  We have 200+ players and put 20 per team so signups determine how many teams we have.

In doing the draft, I am wanting to let the captains pick which player gets picked.  In each round, the captain could pick a player that has a 2nd automatic pick (their brother wants to be on the same team) so I need to be able to add in the next pick.  So Capt01 takes #22 in round 3 and the brother will count as Capt01's pick for Round 4

After about 7 rounds, we end up changing to 2 picks per round.  Capt02 picks #50 and #60 in round 7 and this should not count as their round #8 picks... I would probably do #50 in round 7 and #60 as round 20's pick.

If I was to list out the rounds and the captains who get a pick, then put next to it a form with a post statement to my database, I would end up with 200 forms and post statements.  Knowing very little about PHP, I wonder if this is wise or if there is a better way?

With the strange order we do picks (round 1 - 1,2,3,4 : round 2 - 2 3 4 1: round 3 - 3 4 1 2) I was hoping to have a list of whom is up next some how.

This seems easier than how I explained it...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.