[SOLVED] Finding the question mark

Jesper

Hey guys,

For my latest project, I need to find the something in an expression. The expression is:

gamenieuws/([0-9]+)/?.*

The problem is that at the end of the expression there can be another GET variable, so it would end with something like ?&var=val. I don't want to replace this with the regexp. I've managed so far to find the question mark, but it replaces the string until 1 char before the ?, instead of it replaces it until the ?.

My regexp is now:

gamenieuws/([0-9]+)/?(.[^\?])* ?item=$1

The problem

It might be hard to understand, and I find it hard to explain as well. Anyways, this is what I want:

Find gamenieuws/([0-9]+)/.*, but then I want to pass on the get variables as well. For example, I want

gamenieuws/123/Lorem-Ipsum-Dolor-Sit-Amet.html?&val1=25&val2=4
to become
?item=123&val1=25&val2=4

Could anyone help me with how to do this, because I've been trying for very long and I have no idea :P.

Thanks in advance,

Jesper

Yeah, but how would I get the GET data that's after that? So how would I retrieve the val1 and val2 in gamenieuws/123/Lorem-Ipsum-Dolor-Sit-Amet.html?&val1=25&val2=4, as this data has to be passed on as well.

Ah, kk, thanks :). I've found the problem now, and that is that GET variables are just not part of the replacing when using RewriteRule. I'm using %{QUERY_STRING} for the GET variables now, as I should've in the first place :).

Thanks for the help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.