[SOLVED] Binlog has bad magic number

mrrush101

I cant connect to my Mysql database anymore. I checked this log and found this error message below.

090608 23:41:19 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43655

090608 23:41:19 [ERROR] Binlog has bad magic number; It's not a binary log file that can be used by this version of MySQL

090608 23:41:19 [ERROR] Can't init tc log

090608 23:41:19 [ERROR] Aborting

I have been working on my website for weeks and I am about to snap. I copied the original php5 and the msql5 folders then reinstalled myssql and php5. Everything works great except the fact my tables are no longer there so i copied the php5 and mysql folers that i originaly had over the the directory and am getting the old error message again.

Is there a way to install a clean copy then somehow import my tables to the new database? I did not make a backup copy of the original database using mysql backup. I did not do this because I was not done finishing in the site. There must be some other file that holds that info so i can import it to the new setup?

Is there a way to fix the error message? If so maybe I can get things back to the way they were. I have spent weeks on the site with custom info. I really need to get this back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Any help would be appreciated greatly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.