Looking for a script

tripwater

I know there are reverse look ups for email addresses, I have seen one website called ReverbNation that offers a service for bands that you can pay for that will take your email list and go out and populate the first and last name, age, location and also what social networks they are in like myspace or facebook. I would use their service ( Fan360 ) but they charge per month based on how many fans you have and it gets outrageous quick and if you stop paying them, they remove the data.

Are any of you aware of even a basic script or app that can do this on a simpler level? Like I give it an email address and it give me their names and maybe zipcode or city, state?

I am a musician and I would much rather only ask my fans to fill in their email address at shows and on my website than ask for age, address etc...

Then use this script or app on my server with my Database and populate what I can from there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I think what I am looking for is a crawler of some sort. Anyone know how to interface a crawler to a mysql DB or any that do? That website in my original post uses something to make their fan list go out and populate the info in the browser.

I would love to only have to ask people for their email addresses and not have to ask people for all the additional info ( age, address or city state ) when there is a line behind them after a show while also trying to sell cds and merch.

Email address is quick and painless. I can then take the info I get like age, sex and location to figure out my target audience and also where I can plan tour dates based off numbers. And having their name allows me the ability to send out personalized emails to my fans and make them feel like I am addressing them personally.

So I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you saying you want to be able to just collect email addresses at the show, and send out emails to people to come fill out a signup form with more details later? You would have a form on your website asking for the detailed info like name, sex, age, etc.. and you would just include that link in your email send-out.  append a unique id to the link if you wanna get all fancy and have the form lookup the user's email address and have it show up automatically on the form, or whatever.  Then when user fills out the form, it would store it in your database. 

Is that what you're wanting to do?

edit:

okay so let me rephrase that: I think that you should probably do that, instead of some reverse email lookup thing.  That would cost you significantly less money to make happen, and the accuracy of info retrieved would be a lot higher, not to mention you can control what data you are asking for.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.