A few questions.

ThunderLee09

Hi all!

I would like to ask a few questions that may help with my new website.

Firstly, (I have seen this on many websites) How could I get my php code to update my webpage with content on a remote website?

EG. BBC Radio1 Top 40, I have seen some websites that somehow obtain the top40 information and it posts onto their website.. (As it looks the same) So if I was to have a top 40 on my website how could I do it so when Radio1 updates their website it updates my webpage auto (Obtaining info from their server?)

Secondly, does anyone know any good AJAX uploaders that upload a file and insert values into a database, I have a manual uploader that does this but I tried implementing it into a AJAX but it didn't work for some reason ;/?

Last but not least, youtube has a featured box how in anyway could I make something like that? or how could I select values from my database but only show 3 or 4 values at a time?

Please don't think I just come here asking for help (Like some noobs do..) if you need any reference of me actually trying to find information then I'll gladly post it.

I just want my website to be perfect but my lack of PHP knowledge isn't helping me at the moment (I have a huge book on PHP that I'm starting to read through so yeah xD)

Thanks!

1)They probably get XML files from the websites with the list of Top40 artists.  The "Radio1" site could actually offer this to other websites; you could ask them or look on their site for it.  Otherwise you can always cURL their site and scrape the results.

2)Not enough info given.  AJAX only makes things "live" in this context.  The actions of uploading a file and inserting values into a database can be figured out independently first, then made into a nifty AJAX feature.

3)SQL has a statement called "LIMIT" which allows you to select only a certain number of results.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.