pages expiring

shadiadiph

My problem is my host proider just reinstalled their webserver as it went down.

No when a user fills out a form on one of my pages and then clciks back it goes to page has expired cannot be displayed when i refresh the page all session data has been lost is there any way to fix this?

hmmm, why would people need to click back after sending a form anyway? its usually the case that if you click back after sending a form you will get the cannot be displayed page.

I dont understand why people would need to click back on their browser after submitting a form? or is it incase they made errors and wish to go back?

not only when click back if the user exiists in the database it is going back to the first page but all the data is lost when it redirects back even though i have all the form values fillled with the variable example.

<input type="text" name="firstname" value="<?=$firstname?>" /> 

before $firstname would be saved in the session on posting it

it used to work fine before but since they set up a new server it seems to kill all variables it really annoying me

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.