Beginner trying to learn Advanced D:

Icesky

Okay, I got this idea for a Clickable Fansite for another site. But, It involves coding I can't figure out. It would be very difficult.

But, I don't come here to ask for someone to just give me the code. I kinda want a few step-by-step tutorials for a few things that are nessecities for the site.

I want it to be a click exchange site, but not like Hydra or Yarolds (Click Exchange Sites)

I want it to be a site where you can sign up with an account, add ten pets to the account which is added to a large list of other pets. But, in order to keep the pets on the account, you have to click ten pets a day (The pets you must click are at random on the list) (Or More, but no benefits from it) and your ten pets get to stay on the list until you click ten more in one day. If you don't click 10 a day for seven days your account is deleted. Also, as the site owner I want to be able to take off certain pets. (But also the owners of the pets could remove them) Am I makeing sense at all?

What I want to know:

Could someone help me with this?

Could someone provide a detailed, beginner tutorial on how to do this (But in different parts. Ex. The accounts one part, the adding/removing pets another, etc.)

Could this be added to this site? http://www.000webhost.com/

(Also, I know it does involve MYSQL, HTML, and CSS. Could those parts be explained aswell....?)

I know it is a LOT. Someone with patience will have to help me. But, I think I can figure it out.

Thanks for reading.

~Icesky

Could someone help me with this?

Sure.

Could someone provide a detailed, beginner tutorial on how to do this (But in different parts. Ex. The accounts one part, the adding/removing pets another, etc.)

http://blog.code-purity.com/archives/2009/7/3/planning_your_php_project_the/

Could this be added to this site? http://www.000webhost.com/

It should be.

Bottom-line you are planning out a project which isn't an easy task + you are working for THE most difficult client: Yourself! Well, good luck you can always contact me if you need some help planning it out and you have got us if you have some php questions.

Last I heard 000webhost was being investigated for fraud and frequently deletes sites (especially game sites) from their servers at random, so I wouldn't suggest using them. There's plenty of other free php hosts out there with better reps, like awardspace or freehostia.

What you want done doesn't sound too difficult. There's a couple of free clickable adoptables site scripts out there which should help you get started. You'd only have to modify them to make clicking other pets mandatory then. Hang around the forums of other pet sites like chickensmoothie.com and you'll find them (and other tips on how to create/run such a site).

As ignace said, plan out what you want and what needs done. Then you can research tutorials (because no doubt they're already out there) on features or features similar to what you want as needed. For example, if you couldn't find an account creation tutorial, look for a tutorial on sessions, forms and database insertion/retrieval so you could piece it together yourself.

And of course, as ignace also said, you can always post problem scripts here for help.

That way it's not hopeless if you can't find someone to walk you through it step by step. :) Because detailed tutorials are much harder than just giving out the script. :P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.