database not uploading new information from php

liquidkrep

First I am very new to php so bear with me if I don't make a lot of sense. I'm having an issue with my current website. I have a simple cms setup, when I try to update a section of the site through the administrations panels it does not update anything. I am not able to update the current content that is there and when I do it does not change at all. It reverts back to the original content. I'm not sure if this has to do with the database or something else?

Any ideas?

It is a cms that my previous web guy did for the website. I actually noticed the issue in other parts of the site as well. When I change the content from the mysql database it changes the content without a problem but when I change the content from the admin end of the site, it does not save to the database and it doesn't load the current content.

Also, I'm sure this has to do something with the current issue. The website  was on another host and I changed my hosting service. When I saved the original files and saved the database from the old host and uploaded everything over to the new host, this started happening.

Any help?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.