Self Populating updated form: Logic help needed

NewbieBryan

I have a requirement whereby I need to update the price on items on my site:

The pricing info is held is a very basic table with just 3 items:

UniqueID | Description and | Price

I have created an update for which works fine by displaying a table with the above items in it

On the same page there is a form where I can input the Unique ID, Updated Description and Updated Price. Hitting Sumbit updates the Db and the webpage is up to date again.

Now my items are very simple: Eg

1 Brick 0.87

2 Rock 1.22

but this got me to thinking; What would happen in had a very complex description - lets say 30 or 40 words and I discovered after entering the data I had made a typo. Well, I guess I go into the backend and change the raw data but that is a bit of an overkill to what should be a simple problem.

so that leaves me with 2 choices (as far as I can tell)

create another form where I enter the UniqueID which in turn goes to another page with text input blocks pre-poulated from the database (value = fromdB)

or

and this is the part where my logic is failing me and I need some help

When I create my table I would like to dynamically include a 4th column with the choice EDIT

If I push EDIT this would then take me to a page/section where the Description and price fields are prepopulated and all I would have to do is make the relevant (hopefully small change) - hit submit and update the db.

Any advice on how to go about this would be greatly appretiated.

Tx

Bryan 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.