A few layout problems

speed

I've just finished my website, first one I've done so its far from perfect. I've just looked at my site on my daughters laptop and some of the layout is off compared to when i look at it on my machine. If you could just answer me 3 questions it will help me work out how bad the problem is. Oh and if anyone has solutions to my problems it would be much appreciated.

1. What colour are the boxes around the portfolio pic, what coulour do they change to when you mouse over them and does a box come up with a descripion of the pic? No pic description should come up and the border around the pics should be light grey and black when mouse over.  http://www.elitetradesmen.com/

2. Does the image of the map fit in the page or does it look like it overlaps beyond the bottom of the page body? http://elitetradesmen.com/areas.html

3. Is my logo in the left hand grey part in at the bottom of the page or half way down? It should be at the bottom of the page. http://elitetradesmen.com/policies.html

FF - Everything looks fine.

Chrome, Safari and Opera - The border around the portfolio pic doesn't even show up (the light gray) and there is no mouseover.

IE - The border is blue (like a link), no mouseover, the map overlaps and the logo is about halfway down.

Add this:

style="border-style:none"

to your <a> tags to fix the blue border in IE.

Chrome, Safari and Opera - The border around the portfolio pic doesn't even show up (the light gray) and there is no mouseover.

IE - The border is blue (like a link), no mouseover, the map overlaps and the logo is about halfway down.

Add this:

I set it up for ie. I have ie on my laptop and it looks fine, grey boxes round pics with mouseovers etc., but when i view it on my daughters laptop also in ie the grey boxes are blue, any idea why this might be, layout isn't right either, pics overlapping border etc. Being viewed with the same browser so not sure why the issues. How do i fix the blue borders etc.

Add this:

I set it up for ie. I have ie on my laptop and it looks fine, grey boxes round pics with mouseovers etc., but when i view it on my daughters laptop also in ie the grey boxes are blue, any idea why this might be, layout isn't right either, pics overlapping border etc. Being viewed with the same browser so not sure why the issues. How do i fix the blue borders etc.

OK i've now added the line, i think i've put it in the right place. Has that now fixed the blue border issue?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.