My session variable disappears :(

mads

I have no idea why, but sometimes my session variable disappears. After having stared at it for two days, I guess it's time to cry for help...

This is how I set the variable and later try to use it again:

1) I'm creating a session in header.php (a file that is loaded everytime a webpage is displayed):

session_start();

$_SESSION['displaymode'] = "abe";

2) I'm using the variable in go.php (which does not load header.php when it is displayed):

session_start();

if(isset($_SESSION['displaymode']))

{

$displaymode = $_SESSION['displaymode'];

}

Can anyone see why my session variable disappears? isset() returns false approx. 50% of the time and I have absolutely no idea why :(

Thanks a lot,

Mads

That didn't help :(

I added session_save_path("mysessions") right before session_start() in header.php. Afterwards, I can see the session files being created in the "mysessions" directory on the webserver, but the session variable still doesn't exist when I need it in go.php

Any other ideas on what might be going wrong?

Thanks again,

Mads

Sometimes I had to use

if(!empty($_SESSION['session_name'])) {
    //code here;
}

for some reason sometimes $_SESSION would be set, and would trigger a false positive. So try that out and hopefully it might help you out.

Tried that, didn't work :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.