Posting to autoincrement field in mysql Database using PEAR DB execute insert

pquery

I'm trying to prepare a PHP / PEAR statement for insertion into my MySQL database, but I just can't seem to find where or how to place the  field for the auto-increment ID field at the beginning of the table? (an nothing seems to explain this in the documentation I've seen so far.

(NULL) doesn't seem to be what I want inserted in this placeholder since it's a non-null field, so I was hoping someone around here knew how to do this (or could point me the way to a helpful link)

here's an example of what I'm trying to accomplish:

require_once 'dsn.php';

$data = array( "",3, 'Cameron', 'Kirk');

$sth = $db->prepare('INSERT INTO employees VALUES (?, ?,?)');
$res = $db->executeMultiple($sth, $data);

if (DB::isError($res)) {         // Check the result object in case there
    die($res->getMessage());  // was an error, and handle it here.
}

Now my dsn conncetion is fine, but I keep getting the error message of : DB Error: mismatch

There's the right number of fields for that table, just the blank is where the autonumber should be.

Match the argument count then, blank or not, you're still passing an array of 4 values to a statement with 3 place holders.  Otherwise, if it's auto-inc, then likely you could leave off the first argument in the data array so it would just be

$data = array(3, 'Cameron', 'Kirk');

Match the argument count.

edit: RTFM

DB_ERROR_MISMATCH  mismatch  Quantity of parameters didn't match quantity of placeholders in the prepared statement.  Check that the number of placeholders in the  prepare() statement passed to $query  equals the count of entries passed to $params .

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.