[SOLVED] Combining Data in a php loop

Leosan

Hi, I am creating a gallery software but have come across a few problems with the search feature. The search feature works by matching the search term against a tag's field for an image.

The search feature itself works fine, but I want to display all of the tags used on a gallery page next to the images, to make search easier, problem is with the actuall tags.

an example tag field would contain a string of such " Futurama, Cartoon, Funny, Zoidberg". When displaying the image, that string is sperated using php explode feature, and is passed through a function which makes it a clickable search.

Problem is, on the page where several images are displayed, I need to find a way of conbining the tags field of all the images displayed on that page, and thats where I am having an issue.

Following is the section of code dealing with displaying the image, its here where I need to get the tags to combind

$rowclass = 0;
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array( $imagesql )) {

$counta++;
if ($counta % 4 == 0) {
$tr1 =  "</tr><tr>";
}
else
{
$tr1="";
}

$aid = $row['id'];

$tagin  = $imgrow['tags'];

$url = '?s=gallery&v='.$row['id'].'';

$ParseArray = array(
"NAME"     => $row['name'], 
"TR"     => $tr1, 
"DEL" => $del,
"FILE" => $row['file'],
"URL"     => $url, 
"CLASS" => $rowclass
);

TEMPLATE CODE HERE

$rowclass = 1 - $rowclass;
$listtags = "$listtags,$tags";

}

Any help would be appreciated as this is doing my head in. Basically, in the loop I want it to update the $listtags variable each time, adding on the new tags so I can use the variable lower on the page for an explode and list of tags.

I see that you do this:

$listtags = "$listtags,$tags";

Which would work, but I don't see that $tags has any value, did you mean $row['tags']? If so, you might want to try something like this:

$listtags .= ',' . $tags;

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.