Export, Import issue...

danthemilk

I am exporting my mySQL 5.0.41, UTF-8 database using the phpMyAdmin dialog on my localhost with these settings:

type: SQL

compatibility mode: NONE

save as file: checked

compression: NONE

Then, I'm importing the file to a mySQL 5.0.45, UTF-8 database using phpMyAdmin on a remote server with the following settings:

compatibility mode: NONE

allow interrupt: checked

The database appears to import without any problems. I can browse the tables with phpMyAdmin on the remote server, and edit them etc using the client. However, when I query the database with php I get an invalid resource. When I query the database for tables that existed prior to importing the new tables, I get a valid result. Does anybody know why I might be getting an invalid resource when my query result is a newly imported table?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.