Checking a string

Michdd

I have a file of disallowed words, and disallowed regular expressions. Each one on a new line, so I know I can get that into an array just doing like explode("\n", $filecontents); But my question is how would I loop through all those to make sure they're not in the content I want to search? Strpos doesn't take arrays, and wouldn't looping through upwards of over a thousand different things be slow? Additionally, how could I check to see if it's a regular expression? And if it is, use preg_match instead?

Say I have this:

resourcez.com
ecspace.us
photoangels
/a[^a-z0-9]*n[^a-z0-9]*o[^a-z0-9]*n[^a-z0-9]*t[^a-z0-9]*a[^a-z0-9]*l[^a-z0-9]*k[^a-z0-9]*/i

And I want to make sure a string doesn't contain either of the first 3, nor the regex expression. Of course, the actual list is way longer.

so I know I can get that into an array just doing like explode("\n", $filecontents);

use file() instead. (http://be.php.net/manual/en/function.file.php)

Additionally, how could I check to see if it's a regular expression? And if it is, use preg_match instead?

Check for special characters like [, *, .. However a better choice would be naming the different types you have within the document and assign each one some signature to clearly identify each type.

u;resourcez.com
n;photoangels
r;/a[^a-z0-9]*n[^a-z0-9]*o[^a-z0-9]*n[^a-z0-9]*t[^a-z0-9]*a[^a-z0-9]*l[^a-z0-9]*k[^a-z0-9]*/i

Now it allows you to expand it in the future with new types plus it allows you to easily identify each line.

switch ($type) {
    case 'u':
        //logic
        break;
    case 'n':
        //logic
        break;
    case 'r':
        //logic
        break;
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.