load content into div

busnut

G'day, firstly I apologise if this isn't php related. I'm not entirely sure, but im sure someone will tell me (politely hopefully)...

Anyway, i'm using this script from here http://trevordavis.net/blog/tutorial/jquery-tabbed-navigation/, which is all good, however what i'm wanting to do is on one of the tabs, I want a further 'menu' down the side, and depending on the users request, I want the content to load beside it (still in the same tab), but something other than an iframe or something like that.

I had recently seen a script where content can be loaded without the whole page being loaded/refreshed (which i forgot to bookmark), and after trying to google this script, I can't find it, but i'm positive it involved PHP somewhere, and maybe javascript or ajax.

If anyone is able to help, that will be appreciated. Also I should note, that the menu where the user can select info from, will have a search box and dropdown boxes of results from a mysql db, so the information that loads into the div is really one php page with sql stuff in it to display the users response. (i hope that make sense)

Use ExtJS as it more easily faciliates widgets:

var tab1 = new Ext.Panel({
    title: "Tab 1",
    autoLoad: "ajax.get-tab-contents.php?tab=1"
});

var tab2 = new Ext.Panel({
    title: "Tab 2",
    autoLoad: "ajax.get-tab-contents.php?tab=2"
});

var tabPanel = new Ext.TabPanel({
    renderTo: Ext.getBody(),
    activeTab: 0,
    deferredRender: false,
    items: [tab1, tab2]
});

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.