Text Limit

AtomicRax

I'm currently working on a project that allows registered users to post their own stories on a website.

The stories go in the "story" field of my table, which has a type of "text" - which has a 65,000 byte limit.

HTML is not allowed in these stories for several reasons, but I was wondering if there is a recommended size limit for the story field in my table? I know it depends on the application, but I don't want to allow users to post a TON of useless information- especially if it's not a true story for the website and just spam (storage limits and what not)... I would, however, like to give them enough space to completely tell it.

So I was looking for comments about this situation... Should I leave it as 65,000, go larger, smaller..?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.