UNC to local path

premtemp

hello,

How do I convert a UNC path to the local path. for example, I have a shared folder where users can access some information (//serverx/sharex/folderx) and I would like to get the local path (e:\sharex\folderx). Does PHP has a function to do this?

I am trying a read the folder and display the files and it it much faster to read using the local path.

Thanks

Is serverx the server on which php runs? Or do you want to access that server through php using something like fopen()? If the latter then you can not modify to e:/ as that would point to your own hard drive (in this case your cd- or dvd-rom). //serverx identifies a server on your network, everything after serverx (/sharex/folderx) identifies a resource on that specific server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.