Need Help with Wordpress Simple Tags Plugin

iconik

Hi,

The script I'm working with is the simple-tags plugin for wordpress.  I'm working with the auto tag function.  In the current state the auto tag function will search the content of each post and if it finds a matching string in the terms database it will include the matching tag in the post.

I'm attempting to adjust the script so that it will simply return a random tag from the database regardless of whether or not there is a matching term in the post or not.  In theory even a post with an empty content block would still return a random tag.

My problem is that I am still learning php and even though I've spent the past 5 days pouring over the code and have researched many of the functions, I still cannot figure out where the content string matching is taking place so that I can reverse engineer it and hopefully figure out how to achieve the desired outcome.

I have included the script as an attachment since it would exceed the maximum post length.  If someone has a moment to look over the code and point me to the line or even just the function or variable controlling the matching portion it would be much appreciated.

I realize your time is valuable and appreciate any help given.

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.